InfoQ: Transcend the “Feature Factory” Mindset Using Modern Agile and OKR
InfoQ published my latest article with Alexandre Freire on OKR and Modern Agile.
- Using Agile development with waterfall goals turns teams into “feature factories” with no focus on delivering value.
- Teams can Deliver Value Continuously by using Value-based OKRs.
- Companies can Experiment & Learn Rapidly by focusing on outcomes and evidence rather than personal opinions.
- To enable autonomy and Make People Awesome, the purpose of the teams has to change from “delivering the features” to “achieving the Value-based OKRs.”
- Companies can Make Safety a Prerequisite by creating a psychologically safe environment and shortening their validation cycles drastically, using the OKR cycle as the ultimate timebox.
Read more at InfoQ.