Remote OKR Coaching
Remote coaching offers a simplified version of my onsite OKR workshops, in which all interactions are handled via online video conferences using Skype or Hangouts and using remote collaboration tools.
Remote coaching can help your team to develop an enduring OKR culture cost-effectively.
Just like my onsite workshops, the remote package is also based on my method for OKR adoption, the Set, Align, Achieve cycle:
- Set: Creating OKRs that are valuable, engaging, and actionable.
- Align: Ensuring that each team aligns with the others and to the company strategy.
- Achieve: Regularly tracking and acting upon the OKRs to reach them.
Live Webinar: OKR Fundamentals
I will conduct a live 2-hour webinar covering the OKR fundamentals dedicated to your company. Topics include:
- Introduction to OKR.
- Creating engaging objectives.
- Setting tactical OKRs aligned to the organization’s strategic OKRs.
- Value-based Key Results vs. Initiatives.
- Creating shared OKRs and 360º alignment between multiple teams.
- Using the weekly cadence to track and improve OKRs.
I will provide support material (handouts and templates) to facilitate the OKR implementation.
Set: Creating OKRs
After the webinar, the participants will draft their OKRs in a bidirectional (top-down and bottom-up) process:
- The group will create a set of strategic annual OKRs for the company.
- Each team will then define a set of tactical quarterly OKRs that contribute to the company OKRs.
Align: Ensuring alignment between teams
After drafting the OKRs, participants will Align them with the other teams. Using the 360º Alignment tool presented in the webinar, they will:
- Map interdependencies.
- Create shared OKRs.
- Ensure both vertical and horizontal (cross-functional) alignment.
I will facilitate a remote session to refine the OKRs and the alignment.
Achieve: Remote Coaching
During the engagement, I will provide remote coaching at monthly checkpoints to:
- Answer questions.
- Track progress on the OKRs
- Help remove any impediments that may be preventing the team from achieving results.
Change Agents: OKR Champions
My approach includes the education of a team of OKR Champions, who act as change agents for OKR.
OKR Champions are a blend of evangelists and PMOs that facilitate cultural change. Their mission is to ensure that the organization has continued success with OKR.
I will train a group OKR Champions in a 30-minute additional session. During the engagement, the OKR Champions will have unlimited access to email for answering questions.
This post is also available in: BR